Sunday, March 8, 2009

Lazy Sunday.

I'm currently sitting in my living room with my roommate, Kaitlyn - it was just the two of us here this weekend. It's Sunday afternoon and we are in our pajamas, sipping our morning coffee, waking up, and watching "The Runaway Jury."

We both had every intention of getting up at 7:30 and going to church. But somehow, we both didn't hear our alarms that we set the night before (for Daylight Savings Time). So here we sit, after a very restful 11 hours of sleep. I really think that sometimes God works it out so we get rest at an unexpected time.. like hibernation at the point when we need it most, you know?

Also, it's thunderstorming outside our open windows, which is maybe my favorite thing in the whole world. I can already tell this is going to be an unproductive day, but I'm ok with that.

This past week has been full of projects and papers, "perfecting" the resume and cover letter(s), and e-mailing job leads. Spring Break is in less than 2 weeks, which is incredibly exciting and so needed, but I know I need to apply to a bajillion jobs before I take off, because when I get back, it will be almost April... which is kind of scary.

Oh, life.

Update on my Dad: he's coming up on his 3rd chemo treatment on March 12. His bloodwork this past week was "perfect!" according to his doctor, which is such a praise. He also hasn't had any sideaffects (besides his hair) from the chemo. Thank you so much for your prayers... please keep praying.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

one of my absolute favorite things to do is read your blog, blake. :) we should do coffee again - preferably when you're awake? haha