Monday, February 14, 2011

Lately.

Per usual, I have fallen into a blog drought.  ...  Aaaand, no one is surprised at this.  Ha.  I keep getting nudges to write from my sister and a couple other friends who may or may not even read/check this blog anymore.  I don't blame you!  However sporadically, I promise I'll keep writing.  So, feel free to check back from time to time.  :)

Life lately...  It's been good.  I've been so deeply encouraged and challenged by my church and Bible Study group these past few weeks.  I'm in a really good place.  In Bible Study, we've been discussing and dealing with our own personal roadblocks that are in the way of total freedom in Jesus.  I've wrestled with some things.  But I've also experienced total peace and freedom... the kind that just washes over you.  Know what I'm talking about?!  So beautiful.  OH!  And I'm about to start membership classes at church.  Exciting things.

This past weekend was unbelievably beautiful.  70 degrees and sunny in mid-Feb?  I'll take it!  I know it's inevitably going to get cold again, but I'm hopeful that at least the ice and snow are over.  I doooon't really know how much more of that I can take.  Once March hits, it really better be over.  Too many fun things happening!  In addition to all the usual St. Pat's parades, parties, and festivities, Jack and I are going to see the "trifecta" of Irish bands.  Flogging Molly, Gaelic Storm, AND Dropkick Murphy's!  All in March.  All in St. Louis.  Sorry we're awesome.  I can't even tell you how excited I am for March.  15 days till it alllllll starts.  (Oh, and did I mention that all of this is tucked in between Mardi Gras on March 5 and Opening Day on March 31st?!)  Geeze Louise.  Slowly exhale.

Ok.  It's this working woman's bedtime, but before I sign off...  a few pics from the past few months to catch you up on my life.  :)

 TBOX in Chicago: Ethnic Santas.  
 Christmas Day in the Dominican Republic!
 My 24th Birthday!  Celebrated at McGurks, of course.
 Indy with the girls.
 Aaaand these last two are random...  but I just finally hung things on the walls last week.  (Yep.  Been here since Sept!)  Anyway, this is my cute little room.
Don't you love that retro flower chair?!  Courtesy of the g-ma.  

Alright.  Now, goodnight!

3 comments:

Ashley Magers said...

Yay!! An update! Love you BlakieB :)

Ashley Magers said...

Yeaah!! An update from BlakieB! Miss you :)

The Boojes said...

Hey, you posted!!! I'm so glad! =) And I WANT TO SEE YOU! I really need to talk to my hubby and figure something out...!