Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Best Day of My Life.

On an unseasonably gorgeous March 17, Jack and I marched alongside an Irish dancing float in the Dogtown St. Patrick's Day parade.  He has asked me a few days earlier if I'd march with him.  I didn't ever really understand why we were marching, but I didn't ask questions...  I thought it would be fun, so I went along with it!


After about 15 minutes of bead throwing and waving, Jack grabbed my hand.  "Hey, let's go see our families!" he said.  "You know where they are?!" I asked.  He knew the exact intersection.  Weird...  He began taking huge Jack strides, while I ran to catch up.  (Confused, but still oblivious.)  Upon finally spotting our families, what did I notice first?  The huge "Blake, will you MARRY ME?" banner???  Nope.  In the excitement of the moment, I immediately spotted my brother in the crowd, in town from college.  I freaked out.  "PAUL, WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE?!"  Ha.  :)  ...Upon taking a step back, I read the banner.  And well.  You should probably just take a look at the pics and video.  All captured for your viewing pleasure.






TOTAL SHOCK.  He got me goooooood!  And now we're freakin' ENGAGED!!!  I get to marry my best friend on December 17, 2011!!!  Christmas wedding!!  And then guess where we're honeymooning?  Yep, Ireland.  SO excited.  :)

2 comments:

Ed said...

Congratulations, Blake! I’m excited for you. What a great man he must be for you to commit to him! And what a blessed man to be marrying a woman like you.

I hope you have great big fun planning and preparing for the wedding, and for the marriage.

The Boojes said...

YAY!!! I knew it!! I haven't seen you in AGES (really need to do something about that!), and next thing I know you'll be married and pregnant and have no time. =P So excited for you, Blakie! Oh, my goodness, you are marrying Jack of my early teaching years. So, so weird. And so good! Please pass along my happy congratulations to him! (And I can't believe it took me a month to check your blog and find out!)